Important information to prospective bidders/buyers
Prospective bidders / buyers are usually invited to view the goods or property offered on auction one day prior the auction and on morning of sale.
All prospective Bidders / Buyers must register prior to the Auction and such registration requires proof of identity and residence (FICA). A refundable deposit may be payable by Debit / Credit card or electronic fund transfer (EFT) the deposit amount varies from Auction to Auction. On registration every bidder will sign that he understands and agrees to the conditions of sale and will be issued with a bidding card and buyer’s number. It is advisable to arrive for registration at least one hour before the auction begins.
The Auction will always start on the time it was advertised and no exceptions will be made. After the Auctioneer’s greeting and announcement of conditions of sale the auction will begin. The Auctioneer will start with lot number one and move up with the sequence until all lots are sold. When you are bidding, raise your hand up in the air with your bidding card for the Auctioneer to see your number and register your bid. Some Auctions are very busy therefore we suggest In case the Auctioneer did not see your bid, shout loud Yep! for the Auctioneer to notice and register your bid.
Paying and collecting your purchase
When done with bidding collect your invoice from the auction administrator (Where you registered) and pay at the cashier. After payment is made you will be allowed to collect your purchase.
Kristal Auctions conducts all its business in compliance with the 2008 Consumer protection act.
Consumer Protection Act
Conditions of sale
1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser.
2. The Auctioneer has the right to regulate the bidding. He may furthermore withdraw any item at any time.
3. The Auctioneer does not hold himself responsible for any errors in description. A bid shall be taken as proof that the bidder has made himself or herself acquainted with the conditions for lots for he or she bids.
4. All goods are sold as is, without warranties.
5. Lots once knocked down remain at risk of the purchaser.
6. No goods may be removed until paid for in full.
7. Terms: EFT , Direct cash deposit, Credit or Debit card. No cash or cheques will be accepted at the Auction site. Cash handling fee of 1.5% will apply for direct cash deposits and 2.5% for credit or debit cards. No bank charges will apply for EFT payments.
8. No bidder will be allowed to register without a deposit, (Amount varies from Auction to Auction). In case there was no purchase, the deposit will be refunded in the following day after the Auction takes place. Bids from unregistered bidders will not be accepted.
9. All bids are exclusive of buyers commission and V.A.T (Where applicable).
10. All sales are final.
11. The Auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of third parties, vendors & absentee bidders. In case of a reserve price, the Auctioneer reserves the right to allow vendor to bid , until the reserve price is reached.
12. All Proceedings will be recorded .
13. Any buyer or buyers who defaults in terms of payment, will forfeit their deposit and will be banned from attending further auctions within our network and will be liable to pay for legal charges, to recover all incurred costs. Therefore please do not bid if you do not have the funds.
14. No bids allowed below R 10.00
Add yourself to our buyers list to get sms info about our auctions